Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Never Say Never...

Yesterday I did something I said I never would do...cooked a whole chicken!

I know, of all the things I could swear against for my whole life, I picked preparing, cooking, and disassembling an entire chicken. Hear me out... it's gross! I don't really like touch raw meat, but add to it removing that unnatural sack from the "cavity," separating the skin from the meat, and rubbing the thing down with spices. DISGUSTING!

But, I found this recipe and it looked too good to not try (especially with this whole 7 thing). I was going to wait until later this month to give it a try considering I'm fearful of getting bored and needing some new, exciting recipes in my life. But, Courtney wisely spoke up and said "but what if you really like it?!" That plus the fact that I was at the grocery store, brought this creation to fruition a tad earlier than I had planned. Am I ever sure it did!

It's so crazy easy.



Buy a chicken (make sure it's small enough to fit in your crock pot)
Rinse it
Remove that weird thingy from the cavity
Jam peeled whole garlic cloves in between under the skin
Rub on desired spices
Place in crock pot on top of three balls of foil
Remove 8 hours later

Seriously... it's that crazy easy!!

This will happen again. And, probably become a go to to take to friends who just had a baby or after funeral.

No comments: