Tuesday, May 15, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!


Today I turn 30!

According to the world (and my brother), I should be absolutely freaking out about getting older. Honestly,  I've always viewed myself as older than I really am. For the last year when someone asked how old I was, I would automatically answer 30; then do an awkward stumbling thing and reply... "I'm really just 29, I shouldn't add that extra year should I?!"

When I think about where I thought my life would be at 30, I am no where close to where I thought I'd be. Under no circumstances did I think I would be single, living in a small, one bedroom apartment in the city, and working paycheck to paycheck. At the same time, my plan for my life wasn't all that great though. During my 29th year of life I did some pretty awesome things...

1. Got yelled at for lying about my age while my great friend prayed over me. "Everyone says they are 29!" "But, one year in your life you are actually 29 and that year happens to be this one for me!"

2. Exhausted myself while serving in Joplin, making amazing lifelong friends in the process.

3. Saw U2 live in Chicago

4. Moved back to the city

5. Joined what turned out to be the best Community Group I've every lead/been a part of.

6. Ran the Mo' Cowbell, Abraham Lincoln, and Indy Mini Half Marathons. Registered for the Chicago Marathon.

7. Traveled to Austin, KC, Joplin, Chicago (multiple times), and Memphis.

8. Became an aunt for the first time.

9. Started sewing and crocheting again.

10. Learned sewing was a lot more fun when Grandma did half of it.

It's been a good year!

No comments: