Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 4

I'm four days into 7 and each day gets easier and easier. Seriously... Sunday was kind of miserable. I went to a birthday party where they had tons of food and an oh-so-delicious cake (or so I was told). After the birthday party I went to a friends house where they ordered pizza and made margaritas. I had thought ahead and packed my own dinner, but it was still sad to eat a plain chicken breast and feel like the odd ball, weirdo. Luckily I have the absolute best community around me who love, support and are excited for me! But, then came the margaritas! Not only can I not have them because of 7, but also because of marathon training. They offered ice chips and a smashed banana over ice chips, but that didn't seem to appetizing.

side note: Sunday we played what was the most hysterical game of catch phrase I have ever played in my entire life!! Guesses included: "If you want to know something you..." "ask an old person!" "NO! You want to find an answer so you ask a..." "TEACHER!" As I gave these fabulous clues the opposite team laughed hysterically at my teams ignorance. Or this one... "it eats carrots..." "rabbit" "yes, but bigger" "Umm....." times up... answer: horse. "True a horse does eat carrots, but it wouldn't ever be the first thing I think of when I think of what eats carrots!"

After Sunday I didn't have high hopes for enjoying the rest of the 29 days of this challenge. Especially considering Monday morning I walked into the office and saw these...

Oh man... if you've never had The Cakery cookie cake, go and repent right now! They are fabulous!! Normally I would have immediately partook in the yumminess of these fabulous sugary treats. But, cookies didn't exactly make the 7 list (I'd really like to have a word with Jen Hatmaker about that actually). So I passed and actually was able to still work at the office with them right next door without too much of a problem.

Every day since then has gotten a tad easier. I'm slightly enjoying the simplicity and ease of it all. There's no worrying about what's for dinner, meal planning, debating if I should eat this or that, etc. Also, it's springs up creativity and ingenuity... what can I do with these few ingredients. How can I make plain chicken exciting? Let's actually not be afraid of cooking a whole chicken!

We'll see how day 7 goes as I head out to eat for the first time and have to explain to my parent what the heck I'm doing!

Also, on day 4 I pinched a nerve in my neck. It hurts very much badly and I'm trying to determine if running 3 miles would be a good or bad decision. Maybe a compromise and a walk is in order...


No comments: