Thursday, February 3, 2011

Baby it's slick out there!

Snowpocalypse was a HUGE let down in St. Louis!  Must over-hyped storm of the century.  I left work early on Monday when the sleet started falling and expected to wake up to a winter wonderland Tuesday morning.  Yes, there was ice.  Yes, it was slick.  But, where was the 1-2 feet of snow?!  Since I live on a hill and my car is less than agile in winter weather, I stayed put all day Tuesday... cause you know... the snow was coming!!

All day I waited and waited.  It kind of started snowing late in the evening.  This was it... charge the laptop, charge the cell phone, charge the kindle!  I went to bed again expecting to wake up to a winter wonderland Wednesday morning... no luck.  I started seeing pictures from friends in Columbia, MO and Chicago, IL.  My brother sent this one of his car...

My sister-in-law said there were drifts over her shoulders.  My mom sent this pic of our farm...which doesn't look so impressive till you know that bush is well over my head and that's a solid pile of snow drifting behind it!
After spending a day getting these pictures, I sent them both the view from my front door... wondering how I was ever going to dig out of this mess...



We got two inches with drifts up to my ankle... it was a nightmare!

No comments: