Monday, January 31, 2011

unexpected 10 miles

After a long yet crazy, awesomely fun weekend of wedding excitement (more coming soon), I was ready to sit back, relax and watch movie after movie yesterday afternoon.  I heard a little something about winter weather heading our way, but hey! it's St. Louis, there's always some kind of new weather heading our way.  I didn't really pay that much attention until my friends on twitter started twittering about snowpocalypse 2.0.  Once home from work I got online and witnessed for myself the mess making a bee line through St. Louis. 

Because I'm less than 30 days away from the Disney Princess Half Marathon, my mind imediately went to my training schedule.  Sure enough, there it was... 10 miles!  Quickly navigating between my training schedule and the forecast it was clear, yesterday was the only possible day to get a 10 miler in.

Soon enough I changed cloths, ate a light lunch, took a 20 minute nap, loaded up the fuel belt and I was out the door. Amazingly enough I felt great just about the whole time!  A few times I started talking down about hills and how far it was, but just as quickly as those thoughts came they left.  Today I'm feeling great! 

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I can't believe how close we are...it's so exciting and scary at the same time!

Awesome job on the 10 miler!