Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Disney Princess Half Marathon



Exactly one month from today I'll be waking up in Disney World; heading out to pick up my race packet for the Disney Princess Half Marathon!!

I'm so excited!  The two biggest questions (other than will I finish before the golf cart picks me up) is where will I eat and what will I wear.  After spending a little too long looking up restaurants, all reservations are made.  Most exciting of which is our post race celebration dinner here...  


Second question: What to wear?!  We've got big shoes to fill as a princess!  I'm thinking I'll be somewhere between full fledged costume and regular boring running cloths.  I just ordered a pink short sleeved and long sleeved running shirt (ps... on sale at Target for $5)!  My mom is going to embroider this lovely on the back for me...





I'm wearing some kind of tiara, but haven't picked which one yet.  You see, 13.1 miles is a really long way to run.  And, I typically get cranky and angry around mile 6; I'm guessing having a metal tiara bouncing on my head will just increase my anger to full rage status.  My mom got me a tiara for Christmas which will go with me, but I'm also purchasing this little guy thinking it will be a tad more comfortable.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

ohmy gosh...i havent even thought of making reservations at restaurants!!maybe i should get on that!

which ones are you going to?

Katie said...

Other than Cinderella's Castle, we're eating at Mama Melrose's the night before to carbo load and then a place in the Animal Kingdom.

If you are staying on the resort, it's a good idea to get the meal plan and make reservations a head of time... so everyone tells me!