Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Year; New Goals

I keep going back and forth on whether to start up and attempt to keep up my little blog here.  I've got big goals this year and kind of want a place to talk about the adventure that lies ahead!  So, here goes!

I'm not a big fan of New Year Resolutions.  I typically don't make them mainly because I'm crazy stubborn and HAVE to keep them when I make them.  About every 5 years I end up making one or two and yes... end up actually keeping them.  Here's what I started on Jan. 1:

Lose 111 pounds.
Never leave the apartment w/o doing hair, makeup, and coordinating outfit (workouts and grocery store runs do not count).
Make my bed every day.
Use mint.com to keep my budget in check.
Give more sacrificially.

What I've done so far...

  • Joined Weight Watchers online.  There's an app for the iphone that is amazing!  It makes keeping track of points soooo much easier.
  • Participating in a weight lose competition through February.  So far, I am in third place overall!  Whoop!
  • Training for the Disney Princess Half Marathon!
  • Making my bed every morning (it takes approx. 3 seconds and makes my room feel cleaned).
  • Continuing to use Mint.com (started in December)  Been a rough couple of months financially, but have made it work probably thanks to this tool.
  • More than doubled my monthly giving. I figured if I wasn't having to actually budget in my giving, I wasn't giving enough.  I love giving, but it's hard when you are constantly strapped for cash. I now HAVE to budget it in or I won't make ends meet at the end of the month. I HAVE to make decisions based on the fact that I want to give.

No comments: