Friday, February 18, 2011

new trails

I love finding new trails in familiar parks.  Yesterday I went out for a light run leaving around 4:30 with my only goal of finish whatever you do at dusk.  Even though I love these types of runs I very seldom do them.  You know the type... just run where you please for however long you please; see a path, go down it; see a set of stairs, run up them.  Typically I stick to my plan to ensure I get my miles in; you know, cause I can only ever be motivated to run if I have a race I'm training for. 

Yesterday I threw all of that behind me and just ran for fun; did what I pleased.  Passed a huge flight of stairs and I ran up them, saw a new trail and went down it. 

Ever find something so beautiful that it makes you stop dead in your tracks, admire it, and take a picture.  This did it for me.  I had to force myself sprint up that steep hill lingering right beside the lovely creek.  As I sprinted I looked back to get one last look and what did I see...

About a dozen or so army men in full combat with guns drawn in my direction.  They were moving in formation to take control of the creek I was just admiring.  My first thought was "who the hell is in the park!  Are we under attack?!"  I ran on figuring the area they just came from was surely safe and came upon another group of fully combatted out military men.  As I turned a mile or so later to head to my car there were another couple army guys who had pitched a tent in the tall grass; one reading a book the other laying on the ground with a gun ready to fire. 

In other news... 8 days till the Princess Half Marathon!!!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That looks like a wonderful spot to run. Good luck with Princess next weekend... you are going to have so much fun.

Amanda :)

(PS... thanks for the visit to Amanda's Weekly Zen)

Amanda said...

That looks like a wonderful spot to run. Good luck with Princess next weekend... you are going to have so much fun.

Amanda :)

(PS... thanks for the visit to Amanda's Weekly Zen)