Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cancel Reinforcements...

One of my best friends got married this past weekend.  They are by far one of the best couples I've ever watch go from acquaintances to dating to marriage and it was awesome to get to watch them do so.  The absolute best thing about these two people is the way Christ shines through them.  They are fabulous.  And, she trusts me.  Trusts me enough to have me do her flowers, set up the reception site, and coordinate the reception festivities.  Now, if you only knew her, you would understand how huge of a deal this is.  Not that she doesn't trust people, but she's well... in the details.  She LOVES weddings and events and details.  She LOVES schedules and lists and fun and details.  After a 4 mile run (hey, a girls still go to train), I met her bridesmaids, her dad, and the bride herself at the church where they dropped off tons of flowers.  We chatted, we hugged, we laughed.  Then I got to work.

I always start out looking so neat and organized.  Give me about 5 minutes and I can do this... to any workspace.









Two hours in and I only had 2 horrible looking bouquets done.  I panicked... yes full out panicked!  I texted my roommate and asked her to come immediately over; then sent a message to one of my other good friends to see if she could come early to the rehearsal.  While panicking I kept working and within 5 minutes had arranged the best bouquet!  Cancel reinforcements.



I know I'm extremely bias, but I really love her flowers.  They were perfect.  Perfect for the event, for the bride, for the occasion.  Perfect.  There were so many flowers left over I made a couple little arrangements for the foyer.  


Then set to work on the alter.  Oh! the alter... how awesome is this...


So perfectly homespun, perfectly Kara.



No comments: