Friday, July 25, 2008

Wetty Wetts

Today I made a rookie mistake. As I laced up my shoes, I felt a little urge to go to the bathroom. If you don't know already, you should always listen to that little urge. Oh no! Not me... I have the bladder of a champion! I can make it! So, I head out the door. It was probably a mile or so into the run before the wave hit me again. I look around briefly and see no relief insight. Hunker down... walk a bit... you can do it!! After realizing walking was only going to take me longer to get to a bathroom I start running again. It dawns on me... I'll be running past a friend's place! Maybe he'll miraculously be outside. Nope... no sign of him. After awhile I start chanting the don't wet yourself mantra. I have to stop and walk awhile longer. The chanting turned to cursing when I realize I missed a bathroom break about mile back. Less than a mile to go... I'm gonna make it!!! Praise God, I made it back although, the other scenario would have made for a better blog entry.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

oh katie. this was an amazing post. really. it brought a smile to my face. if you had a bike you could have scooted home!