Thursday, July 10, 2008

Exploration...one mile at a time

I find it pathetic how little I know about my neighborhood. Until last week, I had never seen any streets south of Connecticut (my block). To fix this, I've decided to explore my neighborhood: one mile at a time.

If you didn't know already, Google maps is amazing! I've created a bunch of running routes in my maps for all my runs. Each run explores a new little nugget of my neighborhood.

Today's 3.5 mile run featured the Southwest Garden District. I ran from my place, north on Tower Grove Ave (a street I take everyday to work, but still saw new things while running), then east on Shaw, wound my way unto Maury and back to Tower Grove Park. I learned several things today:

1. I need to fill my prescription for a new inhaler. It's not that I'm wheezing, but towards the end I began to not be able to breath (minor detail). It's almost a choking feeling... umm.
2. I'm extremely bored with Tower Grove Park. The part of my run in the park was the hardest. I'm not sure if that's because it was the end or because there's no excitement. For some reason, I think it's because I'm bored and know what's coming.
3. Fruits and veggies do make a difference. I haven't been able to afford to go to the grocery store in awhile, which means I've consumed a lot of Mrs. Dash Pasta and Pantry Creations. I can tell a huge difference while running.
4. My foot hurts... real bad! I've developed this stabbing pain in my right foot. It starts where my arch meets my heel and heads straight up the right side of my ankle. Any thoughts on what this could be?

In other news, I've been tagged! Just like my friend who tagged me, it's also my first tagging experience.... here goes nothing!

1. Write the title to your own memoir using 6 words.
2. Post it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who tagged you.
4. Tag 5 more blogs. And, in my case, 2.

No Stop Lights; No Looking Back
Katie recalls how she began her life in a small town and how she's come to live her life without fear.

Tag... you're it!
Kate
Betsy

1 comment:

thebets said...

Plantar Facitis (sp?)...sounds like that's your foot pain. Oh, and I've already been tagged for that one...mine was "I think toenails are for sissies."