Wednesday, July 2, 2008

cheater...

Today I cheated for the first time. Please know, I'm extremely stubborn and don't give up easily, but this morning I couldn't help it. I awoke to walk with Lara and then go for a 3 mile run myself. I awoke, changed clothes, and headed out to greet Lara with a smile and a yawn. We walked for about 30 minutes or so before I saw her off to work. Now was the time for my training!

As I began walking to my "start" line, I knew something was off. I was more tired then normal at 6 a.m. Not so much tired as fatigued. I decided to be easy on myself and start at the top of the hill to give myself a nice break at first. Fine... did that. Soon I'm fatigued again and so I walk a bit. Get up the gusto to run up one of the hills and walk again. This continued for the first 2 miles. And, I just couldn't go any further. So I cheated! I'm guessing Lara and I walked at least a mile together before I started my run so I'm using that and saying I still got my mileage in. Call me a cheater if you will.

My legs are really tight and kind of sore today. I should probably do a really good stretch, but man it hurts. Yesterday I ran a 4 miler and probably pushed myself a bit too hard. But, I saw my 2 mile mark and looked down at my watch and realized I could do a 10 minute mile so I sprinted to the mark to get it in. It was then that I realized I had stopped to walk at least once so really, I didn't do it in 10 minutes. So sad... I didn't finish my 4 mile run until 9 p.m. last night then got up at 5 a.m. this morning to run again. I'm thinking I didn't give my body enough time to rest. Whoops... lesson learned.

1 comment:

Inspired Kara said...

You've been tagged! Check out my blog!!