Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Rest day?

Even though I'm sticking to my training schedule, I still feel like I'm not really in training. Sunday was my "rest" day. I didn't get that much of a rest considering I opened at Sbux where you get a nice workout standing on your feet while making latte after latte. Later that afternoon I went to the Cardinal game where I took the stairs to the Metro and to my seat. Whew... stairs sure work different muscles than running!

Yesterday was my stretch and strength day. I forgot about it till I was at work. I'll admit using a 5 lb bullet of coffee did cross my mind. Never the less I got home from work and went through my routine.

Today I had a 30 minute cross. All I've done on those so far is walk which I don't feel like it's helping me. I'd love to go for a bike ride or swim or something, but I don't have a bike and can't afford a gym membership. So, I walk.

My knee has been hurting a bit. Yea! the one I sprang a few months ago which sent me to the ER. I've been really good about icing it when I get off work or finished with a run. Also, I purchased some glucosamine today too. Hopefully I won't end up back in the ER! Other than that I've been feeling really good.

Tomorrow's a 2 mile and strength. I think I have to get up at the butt crack of dawn to do it too.

2 comments:

thebets said...

Walking is a good cross activity...no impact. You can also use my elliptical any time you want! Good buy on the gluc. I think it has really helped me a lot!

Kate said...

i strongly suggest investing in some kind of pilates or aerobics video. that can count as cross training too! and it keeps your muscles doing different things. muscle confusion = really good for you... and your muscles. :)