Wednesday, June 4, 2008

People are watching...

I realize people watch me when I run (Betsy), but it's hot here and running cloths are tight! I bought some new running cloths the other day and I'm just not comfortable in them. They are a little tight; I'm used to the old baggy t-shirt and capri's. My whole run I was looking around to see which angle people were coming from and adjusting my clothing depending. Because of that, I had a horrible run. I was self conscience and awkwardly aware of my boobs, stomach, thighs, sweat, and the hot runners coming up from behind. At one point my chant (yea I sometimes chant to myself) went from "don't fall, don't fall, don't fall" to "keep hot runner guy away, keep hot runner guy away, keep hot runner guy away!"

Today I ran my two miles. I stopped briefly twice; not sure why. I'm really trying to not get down on myself when I stop because my goal isn't to run the whole half marathon but to finish. I'll be okay if I stop to walk a bit during the half as long as I cross the finish line and get my medal (the real reason to do this).

1 comment:

thebets said...

I hear ya...you'll get used to it and this winter you will feel weird when you put long pants on again...vicious cycle. Also, you'd be surprised how little people are thinking about you...they're too busy worrying about how they look in their own running clothes.