Sunday, June 8, 2008

Small Victories

As I continue my quest to finish the half marathon, I've come to realize it's full of small victories. Even with my slightly type A and extremely stubborn personality, I'm surprised at how much satisfaction I get from crossing of a completed training day on my training calendar. There have been several days were I really didn't want to do that day's activities, but I finished each one and joyfully crossed it off.

Today marked another small victory. I finished my 2.5 mile run without stopping! And, shaved about a minute of my time. Funny enough, the thing that kept me going when I wanted to stop was this stupid blog. I knew as soon as I made it I could come home and rejoice in my victory.

Tomorrow I get to get up early to go for a walk with my friend. She's doing a walking program through google... walk for good. We've both found that we're more likely to actually get our butts out of bed to go if we know the other person is counting on us. Selfishly I also love it because it's a time I get to hang out with a friend...

2 comments:

Lara said...

Yay, Katie!!!!!

Kate said...

um, how come i didn't know about this blog! well, i'm about to read it and love it!