Friday, May 30, 2008

Pounding Out Anger

Anger induces great runs!

You could say my life the past month or so has been absolute hell. While on the phone yelling about recent events, I stormed out of my apartment. As I walked towards the park half in tears, I realized a simple walk wasn't going to help. I needed to pound this out on the pavement. Immediately after I got off the phone, I changed shoes and went for one of the best runs I've had in a very long time; later that night I registered for the Lewis & Clark half marathon!

Now that I'm registered I have to actually start training. I've done the researched and talked to several marathon finishers so now it's time to lace up my shoes and get moving.

"They" say you should have a training log to track your progress. I'm not very good at that; however, I am good at wasting countless hours online. Hence, this blog. Here's where I'm recording my training progress, problems, and successes. I know I'll need lots of encouragement along the way so I invite you into my training program...

2 comments:

thebets said...

Welcome to the blogosphere my friend. I will be here to harrass you at will. Oh, and better to pound the pavement than someone's face...it's always worked for me...and kept me employed.

Jessi said...

kara and i have somewhat slacked off on our 5k training. hopefully we'll be getting back to it soon! the past few weeks have been INSANE!!!!