Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 1 - Intentionality

Intention: A determination to act in a certain way

I can be an extremely determined person. Yet, very rarely do I live my life with intentionality. I prefer to float through life on a whim. To set a course of action for myself without the burden of a strict plan. Typical that ends of with a lack of intentionality. But, this October, everyday I'll set forward to live my life with intentionality in a different aspect or area of my life. This will look different each day whether it's a simply text to a friend or something much larger like blogging about my latest trip to Haiti. Each small step of intentionality is a greater step towards a goal.

What goal?
Being intentional automatically means I'm intentionally setting forth towards some goal. Maybe it's explicit like with intentionally living within a budget, but often the way I set up my life doesn't explicitly march towards a common, overarching goal. My goal, with everything I do, is to glorify God.   So for the next 31 days, each day I'll blog about one thing I've done to intentionally glorify God with my life.

What's your life goal?
How are you intentionally reaching for that goal?


No comments: