Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Evaluate.

Another year has come and gone. Of course this makes me think back over the last year and evaluate what my goals were and how I stewarded my 365 days of 2011. Thanks to this handy dandy blog I can see exactly what I wanted to do...

1. Lose 111 pounds.
2. Never leave the apartment w/o doing hair, makeup, and coordinating outfit (workouts and grocery store runs do not count).
3. Make my bed every day.
4. Use mint.com to keep my budget in check.
5. Give more sacrificially.


Well... 


Okay... not great, but not horrible. 


1. I am far from losing 111 pounds. I did manage to lose about 40 pounds last year... for that I will rejoice. What I've learned. Weight loss has nothing to do with diet and exercise. Okay... it does, but really it has everything to do with submitting to Jesus. I could see last year how I was successful (I honestly lost the first 40 pounds in the first few months and was right on track with my goal). Something happened though. I began thinking I could do this. I began thinking I was doing this. And, I did in fact lose weight that I should be proud of, but what really happened was the power of God moved through me and empowered me to lose weight. I took my eyes off of Jesus and onto MY accomplishments which should never happen! Here's to a healthy 2012 with my eyes on Jesus and off counting points!


2. I think I actually may have done this! I can't really remember not leaving the apt without actually making myself look half way put together. I'll call this ACCOMPLISHED!


3. ACCOMPLISHED!! 


4. Yea... I stopped using mint.com in March probably. I still haven't figured out how to budget well... I used to do this really well when I got paid twice a month. I know my schedule about that far out and can predict when I'll need to eat out, what parties I'll need to bring something too, and who is sick and needs a meal. How do you plan for that when it so often is unpredictable. Money has been really tight, as in the past few months I haven't been able to make ends meet. Praise Jesus we got Christmas bonuses this year because that helped me get square at the end of the year. I really need either a raise or a part-time job. 


5. I have no clue. I'm not sure how to measure this. My giving has been consistant and never changed from my original upping that I did in January. And, because of my current financial state, I don't see how I can give more than I am right now. So, I guess ACCOMPLISHED!


3 out of 5 ain't bad... right?! 

No comments: