Saturday, July 9, 2011

wow!


Earlier this week I drove up to Chicago with one of the best people I know... Lauren Mizel. It was a great trip filled with laughter, conversations, and surprisingly no crying (still unsure how that failed to happen). The purpose of the trip was to see U2 live at Soldier Field... mission accomplished.



We arrived during the end of the opening act, Interpool? I think they were called Interpool... I kept calling them Interlude which is just funnier.


Lauren convinced me that this concert would change my life and we needed to capture the moment I changed forever. 

This is leading up to my favorite part of the show.

And... favorite part of the show. During Miss Sarajevo the ginormous screen stretched to the floor and the production level literally went through the roof. I absolutely LOVE when performers break from "their" style and sing completely different. I think it truly shows their talent and that's exactly what Bono did as he belted his way through the opera portion.

Okay... that was a lie. My favorite part was the very last song. Bono talked for quite a long time and started to tell a story how they lost someone about 25 years ago and wrote a song for him. They hadn't planned on singing the song, but after a quick conference with the band leader, they pieced it together. Another one of my most favorite things in concerts is when they break from production to be real and authentic. High production is great, but what's even greater is pure, unrehearsed talent on show for 70,000 people!


1 comment:

Steve Mizel said...

You're phone caught that video? Sweet. You caught Lauren screaming there at the end.