Thursday, June 30, 2011

Quotes from Joplin

I'm ending my first long week in Joplin. I'll be leaving tomorrow after just over a week. Hopefully one day I'll get time post real stories of real people being served by a real God. In the meantime, here are some awesome quotes either told to me or overheard while here.

"whatever blessings God has for you, I pray he doubles them" tornado survivor to relief worker
"You're acting like I'm the only person in Joplin right now." tornado survivor "To us you are!" relief worker
"What all have we used duct tape for: seal refrigerators, make shoes, fix pants, belt"
"Mom! Remember when we heard our house breaking!"
"I don't know how, but I know God will get me through this." single mother of 6
"Holy Cow. It's normal to be rocked right? I just want to hug people."

No comments: