Thursday, June 9, 2011

Joplin

It's been a week now since I've been in Joplin. Slowly I'm beginning to think clearly and understand how I'm feeling about the whole experience.

My job equips me to respond to needs from around our Acts 29 Midwest Region and we have an amazing pastor, Steev Inge, in the heart of Joplin. Immediately we were overwhelmed by an outpouring of support and prayers for Steev's church, Mystery. Steev planted Mystery Church about 5 or 6 years ago with a desire to see gospel restoration take place through out the city, but not knowing he'd be a part of God literally rebuilding the city.

After a week and half of countless emails and phone calls back and forth, I was finally in Joplin surrounded by devastation and praying for clarity and vision for a strategic plan. God is good and faithful to His children. I left with a plan and friends who I can't wait to meet again!

No comments: