Saturday, January 17, 2009

Week 3 = week off

confession... I haven't run AT ALL this week. Not unless you count Monday night as I ran to the printer and back (seriously, why is my work station the absolute farthest away from the printer... probably for some interval training!).

Do I feel bad about not running? Kind of. But, I've determined that this time I'm going to have to give myself a bit more grace. Let me tell you about my week and you'll understand.

Tuesday we held our Acts 29 Quarterly which I was in charge of. Which meant TONS of preparation on my part. So, I opened Monday morning (at work at 4:30 a.m.), went straight to the office, then to set up, then to a meeting at 7 p.m., back to the office until 11 p.m. Tuesday I got up around 5:30 to run some last minute errands before getting to the event. I spent the entire day at the quarterly until late afternoon and by then I had to go back and get caught up the e-mails I'd been ignoring for a week. Wednesday I was back at sbux at 6:30 a.m., came home worked on Journey stuff till it was time to go to community group. Thursday I went to the office to unload my car so they could actually have a church service on Sunday. Then I went back to sbux for the evening. Yesterday I opened again. I could have snuck in a run that afternoon, but if I didn't nap I think I would have lost my marbles. Now there's today. I opened once again. Realistically I could go for a run now, but I won't. Why? I don't really have an excuse other than I'm tired and need to do laundry and pack for Chicago.

As I look back on my week there really wasn't a time to get a run in at all. I knew this going into training and accepted it. I have to have grace for myself and realize I built in some extra time for this. So, I'm not freaking out. I'll start back up next week.

1 comment:

niartist said...

I just wanted to write you with how inspiring this all is! I need to get back to running, and even though this is a week off, I think it's well deserved. Hoping your way past your 193.5 miles "to go" and you'll be running that marathon in no time flat!