Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kentucky Mini-Marathon

I might be stupid, but I just registered for the Kentucky Derby Mini-Marathon. Aside from the fact that it's crazy stupid to run 13.1 miles, this is the weekend after the Go! St. Louis half marathon. But, I think I can do it. I remember I wasn't really that sore last fall after running 13 miles so I think I can do it.

Amazingly enough I'm more excited about the Kentucky one now. I get to go and run with my aunt (actually, I don't really think she's an aunt, but a distant cousin, maybe). Either way, I'm stoked to get to run with her. And, I'll get to drive down with my good friend Betsy. She's way awesome and I don't get to spend much time with her at all. I CAN'T WAIT!

This week I've once again taken it easy. It snowed a good 7 inches this week. I did go do my 2 miles on Monday (in the sleet). It was really funny cause I thought my pony tail was smacking me in the head, but come to find out it was freezing ran. And, if you didn't know, freezing rain feels like tiny pieces of glass hitting your face. Hopefully I'll get my 5 miles in on Saturday.

No comments: