Thursday, October 2, 2008

So many races

I love autumn for so many reasons: the sound of leaves crunching under your feet, the smell, sweater season (ie jeans and a hoody), the beautiful colors of leaves changing, not having to get up at the butt crack of dawn to get a run in, turkey trotts and pumpkin runs. Just off the top of my head I can think of 5-10 races I'd like to be a part of this fall. One of my friends is running her first 5k in a few weeks and I'd love to run with her. So, what's stopping me... $$$.

Dang, this running thing is expensive. You would imagine it would be a fairly cheap sport considering all you REALLY need is a pair of running shoes. But, each race cost anywhere between $15-$25... Yes, the proceeds generally go to a very worthwhile cause, so I should feel bad about giving them my money. I guess I'm feeling cheated out of a good race season because I don't even have the money to pay my bills right now. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I'm lacking about $200 this month to make ends meet. So, there I'll be standing on the sidelines cheering everyone on. Yes, I'll have fun, but deep down, I want to stinkin get my "free" t-shirt!

I have managed the last few days to get the motivation to "take one step out the door." My friend and meet for breakfast the other day and we both lamented about how we know what we need to do, but just can't figure out the first step (haha.. oh! irony). Of course I knew exactly what SHE needed to do, but failed to see what I could possibly do. Praise God she's awesome cause she just looked back at me and said "well take a step out the door!!" Stupid logic! The three runs I've done this week have been fairly short, but I feel like my pace is increasing. Since I never keep track, I just have to go on a feeling. Never the less, I'm once again running in circles and feeling great! If only I could run in circles to receive a free t-shirt!

No comments: