Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back in the Saddle!

Or should I say shoes!

Today I went for a run... first one in over a week. Can I say it felt great!! I love it...

I thought of a few things while running. Running is really one of the ways I worship God. It's funny to say that considering most of the time I just black out and think of nothing. But, I think that's a form of worship (not all but part of worship).... allowing yourself to just be. Turning off your brain and letting your mind go. Other times* I stop (not literally) take a moment and experience what's around me... the fall day, beautiful weather, the city that I love, etc. So, while I was running today I pondered this and since I'm in community group mood I thought about how I could best bring this to group. You see, one of the main aspects of community groups at my church is worship. This means on Wednesday my group and I will be taking a 5 mile run together so I can demonstrate how I worship God!! Yea, that's what I think about while I run... it makes me giggle** a bit!!

Since this blog has become less and less about training, I'll go off tangent a bit more. Today I finished a little house project of mine... the b/w wall!! I really like it... check it out!

before... hodge podge of random pictures, medal, fliers, and sticker.



after... LOVE IT!!


*typically during that short period where my breathing is centered and I'm not in pain
** that is until I lose conscientiousness from not being able to breath

1 comment:

Inspired Kara said...

SO cute. Love the black and white!!!