Wednesday, February 13, 2013

FRUSTRATION

I'm frustrated, angry, annoyed, emotionally drained, tired, and probably a little cranky. It's been a long couple of weeks and I'm just about through with it. Today I stepped on the scale and I was up a little over 2 pound! WHAT?! How can this be?! I've been eating healthy, working out 4 times a week, eating within my points, and feeling great!

So... I did what any rational person would do, step on the scale three more times to see if the number would change.

Nope.

Oh! I know, change the batteries in the scale, that's got to be it!

Nope.

Ah! Last week you weighed yourself straight out of the shower.

Oh yes... there it is just +.2!

Still... I'm frustrated. I'm convinced God is calling me to really lose weight this year... 100 pounds to be exact. I'm convinced that I need to glorify God with my body. Then, how can I not be succeeding in this?!

Have I been perfect? Absolutely not!
Have I been trying my best and eating within my means?! Absolutely!

So, I'm frustrated. After I sat in that for awhile and texted my friend. I came up with a plan.

This week my goal is to lose 5 pounds. I know, I know, that's a lot. But, I've done it before and I feel like I'm due for a really good week. To do that I'm increasing my protein. Recently I've switched to a lose, but fairly close to vegan diet. I believe it's much healthier (when done right), but I just can't get in the recommended protein that I need and stick within my weight watcher's points. I don't want to give up eating vegan yet, so I'm going to try including a couple servings of hemp protein. On top of that, I'm increasing my workout times and quantity. I've only been doing 4 days at 30 minutes. I'm loving my gympact account, but I think I feel like I'm done once I hit my pact. I've increased that to 6 workouts a week. And, I'm going to get back to distance instead of speed in running. I'm just more comfortable with the distance than I am with speed. However, I know I need to work on speed so one of my days will be in the gym on the treadmill doing speed work.

I'm frustrated.
I have a plan.
I will glorify God with my body.

No comments: