Monday, January 28, 2013

Deck of Card

Being a marathoner and half marathoner, I don't know much about exercise outside of running. Whenever my schedule says "cross train" I'm at a loss of what to do and generally end up walking and/or on the bike at the gym. Then I saw Bob Harper's deck of card workout on the Biggest Loser a couple weeks ago and it seemed like a good idea to try.


Here's the how to:
- Assign a different exercise to each suit.
- Shuffle
- Flip over one card at a time and do the amount of exercise of that card
  (kings, queens, jacks = 10, aces = 11)
- Try not to die

Confession:
- I had to take a break in the middle the first time I did this.
- I cheated and by the end could barely do half a push up and used my couch for the burpees
- I decided it's not actually "cheating" if you are doing the movement to the best of your ability.

2 comments:

Sage Grayson said...

I remember hearing about the deck of cards workout, and I thought it sounds super hard! How long did it take you to get through the whole deck? I think my routine could use a change, but maybe I'll start with just half the deck. :)

Katie said...

I honestly didn't time myself so it's hard to say... I think maybe 45 minutes or so. I've done it several times since then and think I'm getting faster.