Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2012 Picture Review

Met my niece.
Sent a friend off
Traveled to Austin, TX where God changed how I saw community and mission.
Traveled to Memphis.
Learned about soccer and cheered for number 11.
Completed the Springfield, IL half marathon

Saw 6 friends get baptized.

turned 30

Completed the Indy Mini
Traveled to Haiti

Traveled to Chicago with great friends
Completed the Color Run in the midst of a 16 miler
Traveled to Hait again where the women of the church prayed I'd get married within the year.

Helped launch The Journey Southern Illinois
Completed the Chicago Marathon
Celebrated this guys' 90th Birthday!
Got my first tattoo
Celebrated this litte girl's 1st birthday

Even with all of these great things that happened, 2012 felt more like a year of struggle. Some years have been much worse when I think about all that has happened; nothing monumental or life shattering happened. However, the overall tone of my year was one of internal struggle, processing past issues and circumstances, and spiritual battle. I don't remember a year that I more looked forward to the New Year... a clean slate, a fresh start. Here's to God capturing and renewing my heart once again in 2013.

No comments: