Sunday, June 10, 2012

Week 3...completed



This week I begin the last week of 7. I couldn't be more excited, but I'm also still waiting for this to be extremely difficult. I'm beginning to think adding both condiments and spices lessened the challenge greatly. So, for this last week, goodbye condiments. Let's be honest... it's really goodbye Sweet Baby Ray Chipotle and Honey BBQ sauce... damn that stuff is good!!!

Three weeks ago I really thought I was going to hate 7 within a few days. At day 22 I'm still okay with just these 8 items of food. For sure there have been hard times, but they have been rather few and far between. Don't get me wrong, I miss eating the gamete of food choices, but honestly, I'll probably continue this well after the 30 days are over. Well... I guess I should say loosely follow.


I did something this week (or rather didn't do something) that will haunt me until the Chicago Marathon.

Skipped a scheduled run.

Here's the kicker... it wasn't because I was so crazy busy or, better yet, because I was in bed with the flu. No, I was simply too tired and exhausted to get out of bed and run. For the first time in three weeks I missed a scheduled run. The training board in my living room was looking so great with all the x's through completed runs and now I have a big ole nagging 3 smack dab in the middle of the wall!! 

Thankfully after a doctors exam and complete blood work the only thing wrong with me is my iron count. Here's hoping the iron will crank up my energy level and this will be the only skipped run till October (minus next week while I'm in Haiti).

No comments: