Saturday, March 26, 2011

blasted

Remember how I was only 5 pounds away from my first incentive last week? That was until this week's weigh-in.

The past 3 days have been weird. It's been colder (makes my body think it's winter again and I need to prepare for hibernation). I need to go to the grocery store. It all started Wednesday night. Community group = chips and dip night. Typically that's what I have for dinner so it's not terrible. But this night I couldn't stop myself... I just kept eating and eating and eating. Then Thursday..same thing! Thursday night I ate everything in sight. Friday was the same way, but luckily I'd already ate everything and am low on $$ to go buy more.

This all lead to this mornings weigh in where I gained 2.5 pounds!!!

Are you kidding me?!

I immediately got into a funk. A "I hate my life, this sucks, why do I even try funk!" Then I changed my cloths (still in said funk), put my running shoes on and left for my 7 miler.

When I got to the park I texted my roommate saying I hated running and I didn't want to do this at all!!  She wisely texted back "keep in mind sharing closets!!"

You see, last weekend she was putting her cloths away and I saw a dress that I liked. She asked if I wanted to try it on and it fit!! I've never been able to share cloths with anyone so it put me in a super good mood then!

The text helped a little, but didn't carry me through my run. It sucked... every second of it! But, I made it.

When I got back home I weighed myself again. I needed something to cheer me up... I barely had the will to go on trying to lose weight. Low and behold I had lost 2 pounds since that morning. I edited my chart (it's on the line of cheating, but made me feel a whole heck of a lot better!!).

Here's to another week!

1 comment:

Anabela (Bela) Neves said...

We all have weeks like that unfortunately!
But here is to a new great week for you!