Wednesday, June 23, 2010

There's a muscle there?!

One thing is different this go around... bootcamp. I've built it in as my strength and stretch day. Before I'd half ass this day with a couple sit ups and push ups. That's not exactly how I'd describe bootcamp. Bootcamp is an hour long session of pure torture. We do planks, squats, lunges, sit ups, push ups, swings, mountain climbers, jumping jacks (holding a weight bar of course), etc, etc, etc.

Yesterday we did a new move... the side plank. Did you know you have muscles along the side of you?! Cason does. I do too now. Also, never challenge the trainer to do a move with you. He can do it but for longer and thus make you do it for longer as well.

Today was a short 3 mile run. One small problem, it's 97 degrees here with a heat index of 105. I made a deal with myself at 5:30 this morning: get a couple more hours of sleep and run in the a/c on a treadmill. One small problem...I hate treadmills... with a passion. They are stupid. I'm not a rationale human being at 5:30 a.m. Allow me to explain my disdain...they don't work for training. I mean, sure, you get a workout, but where (other than on a treadmill) will the ground move under you in one nice neat level grade. All you really have to do is pick up your feet and presto the ground moves!! That's not real! Not to mention you are sweating and breathing heavy a little too close to the stranger next to you. No thank you, I'll brave the heat.

Luckily, it cooled off a bit this evening and I got a run in outside, on a hilly route I was unfamiliar with and without proper hydration. I survived, not gracefully, but I survived.

Tomorrow... two miles followed by bootcamp (insert HUGE question mark here)

1 comment:

Kimette said...

Katie, I have 3 words for you...."YOU GO GIRL"!